How to prepare your home for professional photography.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
Before someone considers viewing your property it’s highly likely they will view pictures of your home.
This is why it’s vital you get the most out of having a professional photograph your home. Not only does it improve the quality of the images it also means your home is ready for viewings too.
Below is a list of things to consider when preparing your property for photography.
- Check all the lamps & lightbulbs in the main rooms.
- Clear any clutter from work surfaces, tables, floors etc.
- Hide & tidy cables that are showing as much as possible.
- Clear away toys and tidy up play rooms and kids bedrooms.
- Hide all bins.
- Hide pet beds, bowls & toys.
- Plump up cushions on sofas and straighten up chairs
- Clear fireplaces of unnecessary objects like papers, fireguards & greeting cards etc
- Remove magazines and books and device remotes
- Tidy DVDs CDs and Books etc on shelves
- Clear notice boards and fridge magnets
- Hide cleaning products, drainers and objects on top of cupboards
- Remove towels and oven gloves
- Make beds and plump up pillows
- De-clutter bedside tables, dressing tables and other surfaces
- Hide or remove items under beds and on top of wardrobes
- Remove towels and bath mats unless they match the rooms styling and are well presented
- Remove personal hygiene products eg shower gels, toothbrushes and shaving products etc
- Remove cleaning products eg toilet cleaners, toilet brushes and wet wipes
- Remove garments from the back of doors
- Remove kids bath toys
- Move all cars off the driveway.
- Sweep or clean the drive if you think it needs it.
- Remove rotary washing line, toys, tools, hoses etc.
- Hide bins and boxes.
- Clean the patio, decking and pool.
- If it’s not a windy day put the parasol up.